The City of Mora is working closely with Kanabec County Emergency Management regarding COVID-19 as the disease evolves. The City of Mora is taking the following actions at this time:
We ask that you practice social distancing, wash your hands frequently, and check on your loved ones and neighbors. If it is save and you are able, provide a helping hand to those in need.
While the City of Mora is working closely with Kanabec County Emergency Management regarding COVID-19. The City will follow six essential priorities during this, and all, emergency preparedness events:
- Ensure potable water and electricity
- Ensure city sanitary lift stations are operational
- Ensure city streets are passable for emergency vehicles
- Ensure general peace and order are preserved
- Ensure firefighting services are available
- Act in concert with coordinating health agencies
We will continue to monitor and plan for daily changes to the current COVID-19 issue. Please visit the Kanabec County website for additional details about COVID-19.
IMPORTANT: Building Department Services
Due to COVID-19, the city’s building department services will be available as follows:
- Inspections will continue to be scheduled and performed for all new construction (uninhabited structures).
- Inspections will continue to be scheduled and performed for all maintenance permits involving exterior work (i.e., roofing and/or siding).
- Interior building inspections of existing / inhabited structures will occur virtually, when possible.
- Building permit applicants are encouraged to submit applications via mail, email and fax, with payments encouraged via mail or use of the city hall drop box. The building department will issue permits and inspection cards via mail. See above for which inspections may be performed in-person and which inspections will continue virtually until further notice.
Contact Building Official Caleb Christenson at 320-225-4808 (office), 320-674-0038 (cell), or email with any questions regarding building permits and inspections.
The city’s goal is to protect the health and safety of its residents, property owners, contractors, and staff. The Building Department appreciates your patience and understanding.